17 April 2010

A learning process....

Well, it would seem that I have much to learn when it comes to this media game. I seem to have been in the wrong places at the wrong time all day!

One problem you have here at Red Bull in Perth is that there is so much going on all the time on both sides of the river. So, where to go? The media centre is located on the south side of the river, and offers even better viewing than the grandstand. If you want great photos of the race, you have to be there. On the other hand, the media lounge at the race airport is located on the north side. Great for pit lane access, and pictures of the aircraft arriving & departing,but you can't really see the race from there.

I figured that I'd need to be at the airport for interviews, so I trek off in that direction, only to find myself there in the midst of the qualifying rounds. It's a hive of activity there, and as such, no-one is able to talk. Matt Halls' media manager advices me to return later in the day, so I head back to the south side of the river.

As I'm writing this post however, I discover that I have missed the media pit lane walk, which I would have otherwise been on had I stayed where I was before!

Oh well, next time I'll be better prepared for all of this. I'm putting this whole trip down to being an education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ausflier's local weather